Thursday, November 19, 2015

Convo with Famous Work - Hattie Mallot

I'm thinking about having a conversation with Tehching Hsieh's One Year Performance from 1981-1982, where he spent an entire year outside without entering any buildings or kinds of shelters. I think it would be interesting to see how different our experiences would be. I would have to do it for a shorter amount of time though, say a 24-hour period, instead of a year.

I was also thinking about doing a recreation of a piece done by a student that I once saw in a magazine, where the student made a suit of flowers and walked around in order to break up the monotony of a commute to work and bring a breath of fresh air to the urban landscape. If I were to do it, which I don't think I would due to the logistics of creating a suit of flowers, I would give the flowers away until there was only one left, as though I were giving parts of myself away. I could possibly do this for Project 4 instead...


No comments:

Post a Comment