Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Final Project_Rebecca Shalloway


Studio Sounds
Rebecca Shalloway

https://soundcloud.com/user-112198275/studiosounds1


In this piece I hope to create an audio narrative of the studio process. This is an audio representation of how to focus. I think this relates directly to sound vs. noise in that noise is usually disorganized sound or lacks focus. The way I produce work requires concentration. This piece is about the in and out transitions of focus that I go through in my artistic process.

Working in a studio environment has put me in a position where i have to control my attention. This piece displays the contrast between focused thinking and the sounds of fun and play. Graphic design is a more collaborative practice then painting that still requires moments of independent thinking.

Everyone works differently. Some can read in public spaces, some can listen to music while working and others need complete silence to have full attention. I work in the middle of this spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment