Tuesday, November 10, 2015

project3_final_CM

Link:
https://soundcloud.com/user-799388125-908573266/project03

Artist Statement:
Cesar Martinez
DIG2282C
Project03



Artist Statement

            I decided to stick with the only art that I am most familiar with, video games (and computer graphics), so the project is based on some fighting going on at seashore, a place that exists in my imagination. This was supposed to be something like a fight between good against evil (or Heaven against Hell), but I made modifications that have nothing to do with this. So, basically, I did not stick to the script.

            I added my own sounds (me playing the keyboard) that make it somehow interesting even to me because I did not expect to finish it the way it is! I recorded gunshots, explosions, heartbeats, and even nature sounds that I mixed and overlapped with the ones I previously had from the draft. I did not want to exceed 2:15 min. but this piece is 2:30 min long.


            This piece starts with nature sounds to represent the shore. Church bell sounds then come up, as a reference that the battle is about the start. Then gunshots and laser gunshots sounds appear, meaning that the battle has started. I used explosions and loud sounds. Then an evil laugh appears (I recycled this from the draft) and sword fighting take place, along with gunshots and warfare sounds. This ended up being as a multiplayer (or co-op) mission, with several fighting going on in the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment