Thursday, November 12, 2015

Project 3, Crit reflection - Crystal Giraldo

For the most part I feel that people understood the message I was trying to get across with my piece. It was successful in terms of creating a soundscape that was anxiety-inducing and even annoying; and the time of the day and events that were going on were recognizable by most (except maybe the cat breaking the glass part.) I would definitely change the alarm in the beginning to a calmer sound and not so dramatic, and I would start off the piece with more randomized sounds and not as rhythmic. I would also record the sounds of the glass breaking and cat myself, those were the only two sounds I appropriated from the internet, and I agree that they were the weakest. This was my first time working with anything sound related and I have to say I enjoyed it more than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment