Thursday, November 12, 2015

Project 3 Sound | Week 12


Project 03 Soundscape | Artist Statement
“Untitled” By: Vanessa Puello

            Using audio that I collected using both an external microphone, the microphone from my laptop and headphones, and found audio tracks from freesound.org, my sound project was assembled. I compiled multiple .wav files on Audacity in order to create an environment and storyline for my project. Throughout my two minute and two second long audio track, you follow someone as they leave the busy street crowds outside and step into a calm hotel lobby. The person then rides an elevator upward. They step into the hallway and try to enter a locked door. Frustrated, this person then continues along the hall and pass a door that has animal and jungle sounds coming from inside. The audio track ends with this person finally entering what seems to be their assigned room (or home, this is up to interpretation), places their belongings down on a table and they finally relax after a long day.  


            I enjoyed finding and recording audio for this project. The audio that I found online and used for my project were all downloaded from freesound.org. The downloaded audio is as follows: the sound of a crowd outdoors at the beginning of the track, the first door that enters into the hotel lobby, the background noise of people in the hotel lobby, the elevator, the bird and jungle noises playing during the middle of the track, and the door sound used in 1:08 and 1:23. The audio that I recorded myself includes the sound of heels walking on tile and carpet, the breathing noises, the dialogue, the keys jingling, the other door sounds not described previously, and the light switch noises found in the end of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment