Wednesday, December 2, 2015

ExtraCredit_2_artistTalk-CM

The artist was Gerald Pryor who talked on last Monday November 30th. For me, this artist was "old-school": he knew a lot about photography, performances, happenings, paintings, etc. In other words, Gerald was more into the "traditional art" and I do not think he is familiar with digital images, like web, virtual realities, and computer graphics. He had a lot to talk about different artists, as if he personally met them (which he most likely did), this part was interesting to me because, as far as I recall, I have never gotten to meet artists that high. Gerald talked a lot about New York and NYU, and explained how artist life is from the very beginning (when you cannot afford a $1500 rent for a room or a studio). I felt as if he was a grandfather talking to his grandchildren about his life experiences. Yesterday, December 1st, Gerald Pryor did a very disturbing performance (so I heard).

No comments:

Post a Comment