Friday, December 4, 2015

Project 4 Ideas - Crystal Giraldo

One of the ideas I had for this performance project was an idea I've had from the beginning of the semester. It deals with the societal pressure and struggle women face when it comes to their make up and even overall skin care/look. In the piece I would show myself fresh out of the shower in a towel, getting my face "ready" to go out. I would subject myself to the self-scrutiny of inspecting my face for any blemishes and imperfections and then try my best to cover it up with make up. In the end of the piece I just get frustrated and decide to wipe it all off, metaphorically wiping away the stress as well.
The second idea deals with the taboo that has always been around the topic of menstruation and women's sexuality. For this piece I want to cover a wall with different sizes of feminine products (pads) and use either paint or ketchup to paint all over the pads. I want this piece to be exaggerated and even obnoxious in order to get my message across; which is pretty much telling people to get over the idea of periods being "gross" and to stop stigmatizing women for having them or even talking about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment