Thursday, August 27, 2015

Dana Hatchett- Sitting and Walking Observation

Sitting Experience:
I sat by the entrance to Norman Hall closest to the soccer fields. The commotion succeeded in elevating most of my senses. The bumping sound of soccer balls as they came in contact with a person's foot were heard, the sun brushing up against my cheeks were causing me to squint. Faint conversations from multiple directions filled the air. Screeching of brakes and honks from the traffic afar were being heard. Skateboard wheels colliding against the concrete of the road and the ticking of bike gears were heard in a similar direction. I felt relaxed and content with the present moment. The sun was slowly setting behind a tall oak tree and at the end of the ten minutes, I was not squinting.





Walking Experience:
Walking around Norman Hall, I experienced more nature sounds. The buzzing of bees along the bushes that aligned the campus were heard. Movement of lizards in the bushes were seen and heard. A long brown line aligned the spine of a small baby lizard straddling along the red bricks adjacent to the bushes. Walking for some reason made me more nervous. Some of the areas in Norman Hall are more concrete and for some reason I didn't like that. I found myself turning back going in the direction of nature and trees. I enjoyed seeing and experiencing nature outside of Norman Hall.





No comments:

Post a Comment