Thursday, October 29, 2015

In-class Exercise Can You See What I Hear 10/29 | Week 10


 

Laurie Anderson - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExOKp2U8OCo

For the first 3-4 minutes of the video, Laurie was speaking in a foreign language. In my mind, I kept imagining the sound waves she was creating so I started drawing them from let to right, kept the line continuous and when I didn't have enough space on the first row I started from right to left for the second one. After she was done speaking, the beat and instruments started playing. I switched to a green color pencil after that and she kept repeating the words 'Ah' and 'Hello'. Throughout the rest of the video, the word 'Ah' kept repeating so I alternated the colors and started to just write the word down and overlap them. I seemed to only focus on the background noise instead of her singing (which surprised me when she spoke English..). I added the blue and red curly waves (seen on the bottom left) towards the end because the music felt soft like a small wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment