Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Dana Hatchett- Artist Statement and Final Video





Artist Statement

            My stop motion animation is titled “Progression of Time.” The film was shot around Gainesville, Florida. The purpose of my project is to capture time while living in Gainesville, Florida. The footage took place in a day’s worth of activities. I went to downtown Gainesville and Payne’s Prairie to shoot the film. I wanted to capture the sunrise and sunset to show progression and time throughout the day. I also wanted to capture the untouched land of this world versus civilization. Time elapses in that sense because everything in the past used to be barren land untouched by humans. Downtown Gainesville has many buildings and there are many people walking the streets. There is a form of art that can be seen walking down the streets. The beauty seen in nature with the sunrise, sunsets, and the view of the never ending fields is art created by nature. In the fields of Payne’s Prairie, time elapses solely based off of the position of the sun in the sky. In downtown Gainesville, time is captured by not only the sun setting, but the restaurants filling up with people and the lights on the streets lighting up when it gets dark. There is almost a glowing feel to downtown Gainesville when it gets dark. For the pictures, I used a Visco filter to capture the color in the images. I wanted to make the pictures look mysterious, cinematic, and saturated at the same time. The Visco filter really allowed me to do that.  



https://vimeo.com/140092770

No comments:

Post a Comment