Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Reaction to Time Map Presentation - Hattie Mallot

   I felt like I talked for a while, but didn't really say anything. I was caught off guard by the question "what about the rest of your day", since I don't spend my day in school. I just...don't really know how to measure that time. I'm someone who has trouble keeping in mind what I've done when and the order of events (in real life. If I'm talking about fictional story, it's easier for me to keep a chronology. Maybe because there's a clear beginning, middle and end). So, when I'm not in school, I'm usually either goofing off with my friends, or I'm doing homework (which is new. I usually don't do my work on time, but I'm trying to improve myself this semester).
   Either way, I usually don't measure that time. Honestly, in many senses, primarily with money, time, distance, death counts, and other ways of measuring things, numbers don't really hold meaning to me. Especially with bigger numbers, it becomes hard for me to visualize, and then I realize that whatever someone is trying to tell me means nothing to me because a number that high is incomprehensible. The times where I am paying attention to time is when I have a deadline of some sort, in which case time is a source of stress, even more so because in the past I have been an extreme procrastinator.
   I feel like I've gone off topic. It's interesting for me to think about what my themes are because the work I do for school and my own personal work are things that have, in the past, been pretty separate. Not even that the themes are different, but that my personal work is more interconnected and my school work is generally tailored for project requirements. I'm going to try to work my personal work more into my school projects this semester. I guess if I were to re-do this assignment, I would try to find a way to measure the whole 24-hour period with my doodles. It was interesting to me, I hadn't realized it, but my doodles often make it pretty far in terms of "stages" of a sketch/drawing, with several almost fully-rendered pieces throughout. Maybe that's more of a new trend for me...or maybe I just draw so many unfinished sketches first that it doesn't cross my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment