Thursday, September 17, 2015

Project 1 First Draft-Rebecca Shalloway

https://vimeo.com/139635277

Good Night Studio

When the sun goes down, after long day of working in the studio, everything on my desk comes alive. The tangled mess of objects that are a result of 4 hour creativity sessions are misplaced from being used.

Each book, pencil, piece of paper and journal have a designated place. My desk, similar to a home, houses these objects overnight. Good Night Studio is a play off of the children’s book entitled “Good Night Moon” . The objects are colorful and playful which contrast with the structure of their designated place.

My desk is my humble abode. The ritual of cleaning up after I work is crucial to my creative process. It helps me focus to come into a new day with a fresh start.

As a graphic designer, the materials I use expand beyond the computer. Much of my inspiration is from physical objects and the world around me, just like any artist. Each object on my desk is crucial to my artistic process. My sketch books weed out ideas, while the art history books serve as a reference. The markers block out color and pencils define the line. Covered with my mission and overall idea are my post it notes. Tea helps me push through the night with extreme focus. After a long day's work, by me and my objects, we say good night by getting ready for the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment