Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Project 1 Storyboards & Proposal - Crystal Giraldo



      
   There are two main ideas that I am debating on for project one. The first one is a stop motion of a drawing that I will be doing on paper with a simple point I feel is overlooked too easily sometimes. The ultimate message of the drawing is “good for me, not for you.” Throughout this stop motion, I will ask my audience things like “why do others being different from you annoy you so much?” along with small cartoon drawings of people interacting with one another, asking these types of questions. This message will be mainly directed towards people who use their difference of opinions and beliefs to stop others from living their life how they want (without harming or infringing on anyone else’s rights, of course.)  
The second idea I had for this project is sort of a self portrait. The subject will be myself and the camera will act as a sort of mirror as I inspect my freshly showered, raw face. The concept behind this idea is to show some of the routinely micro struggles and insecurities that I and many other people face, other women in particular. Some of these struggles include the squeezing out of blackheads, the pain that comes with eyebrow plucking, or the attempt to hide my smile because my teeth are just a little more yellow than they were last year. At the end of the stop motion I would like to show myself coming to the realization that I am fine the way I am and that the self-scrutiny I constantly put myself through is not worth my happiness nor my sanity.
         Out of these two ideas I feel that I would like to go with the stop motion drawing more than the self portrait. That phrase simply expresses my stance on a lot of social and political issues. I have also caught myself repeating, sharing and applying it to a lot of situations that I face on a daily basis; I think it would be an interesting and engaging piece to work on.   

No comments:

Post a Comment