Thursday, September 17, 2015

Project 1 Revisited- Sock Motion



I was unsure as to how I wanted to visually execute the previous idea I had for this first project so I did some more brainstorming around the word "elusive." Immediately what came to mind was the elusiveness of existentialism and wanting to define our own meaning in life. I also thought about all those socks that are lost on laundry day and how they are also elusive in nature because they are items that I seem to always be looking for but somehow never find.  I decided to bring these two ideas together and create a narrative of a daring and colorful sock who attempts to escape the confinement of "her" given sock destiny. As the sock tries to escape the neat pile of laundry, the other socks unravel themselves and drag her back into their pile. The brave sock fights back and does her best to escape again, but unfortunately to no avail. Although she is destroyed in the end, she gave it her all and did not give up the fight for her freedom.

(I will write a more formal artist statement to turn in the day the project is due.)

No comments:

Post a Comment